A few weeks ago, baffled by the workings of the LinkedIn algorithm, someone left the following comment in response to one of my posts:
Well, I’m thrilled to announce that I’m launching my own monthly newsletter here on LinkedIn, which should put that issue to bed once and for all!
What’s a newsletter? As per LinkedIn:
“With a newsletter on LinkedIn, share your perspective regularly by publishing articles at the cadence you choose. Invite your followers to subscribe and they’ll receive a push notification and email after every new edition.” All this is administered behind the scenes by the platform and I will not be given access to your email address. In addition, you can subscribe or unsubscribe any time you wish.
From now on, my long-form articles will be published as part of my monthly newsletter. To give you an idea of what you can expect if you subscribe, here’s my own Top 10:
- What I learned from the most difficult year of my career
- Dad, what degree should I get?
- It only works if it’s mutually beneficial
- The ultimate transferable skill
- The most important piece of career advice I ever received
- Assume positive intent
- Succession planning — for the future of your organization
- Why does privacy matter, anyway?
- A short story about Purpose, Excellence and Beauty
- Where the pressure of duty leaves off and the challenge of excellence begins
I commit to maintaining, as always, the highest possible level of writing. You may not always agree with me (there’s no such requirement!) but what I share through my newsletter should always make you pause and think.
I look forward to connecting with you in this new format and exchanging on a variety of thought-provoking ideas and topics!